It’s almost natural to make comparisons because it helps to determine the quality of anything. However, comparisons are sometimes made with false information and mostly based on wrong assumptions. Here are a few reasons why a person shouldn’t compare partners
1. People are different – There is beauty in the uniqueness of Every individual. No one should desire or settle for a generic partner.
2. It underestimates your partner– When a person compare partners negatively, there is tendency to ignore the good qualities a partner possesses. Getting fixated on another person’s single display of affection can make a person underestimate his or her partner’s ability to show affection.
3. The other person is not what you think – Most people’s obvious behaviors might be make-believe acts which people are foolishly misled by. Things aren’t really as rosy as they seem, for example, a couple who display their affection publicly may be enemies living together but no one can see beyond the obvious.
4. It pushes you to make unrealistic demands– When you compare partners, there is tendency to put pressure on a beloved to be who they are not.
5. It can potentially ruin your relationship– It affects both parties’ happiness which can be attributed to frustration.